Saturday, April 23, 2011

Cover Art Up for Grabs #1

One of my favorite things to do is make book covers.  When I'm feeling uninspired, messing around with some stock images and gimp always makes me feel better.  But alas, I have run out of people to make them for, so from now on I will be posting cover art for you, dear readers.  That's right it will be for you to use for your own inspiration.  Won't it be fun to print off a cover for your beta reader copies or your own edits?  Or put it up on your website until you land your big book deal.


There are some rules, of course.

1.  If you use an image, please leave a comment letting me know.
2.  Each image will contain information about the artist who provided the stock which I have manipulated.  You must give credit to them if you use it on your website or an e-book.  I don't require you to list me, but it's nice if you do (and it lets more people know where they can get art!)
3.  Feel free to request something in the comments, I'll try to accommodate when I make the next round.

That's it.

If you don't have a program to add your title and name, try www.picnik.com for a quick way to add it!

Here's what is up for grabs today:

Theme: Reflections

Stock image courtesy of Amiba_stock
 
Stock image courtesy of kechake_stock

Enjoy.  What should next week's theme be?

1 comment:

  1. You're so talented! You know what would be cool? If you re-did covers for books that are already published. How would you re-do:

    1. Pride and Prejudice
    2. The Handmaid's Tale
    3. Across the Universe

    ReplyDelete