Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Staying grounded

There'a whirlwind of activity in my house: calls, emails, arranging child care to take calls and what not.  I'd be lying if I said it wasn't exciting, but thankfully I have the minions to keep me grounded.  I just changed a diaper, put in some laundry, picked blue playdoh off the floor, and I still haven't eaten today.

Syd, minion #2, perhaps sensing mommy's stress and excitement, has been toddling over to give me her little baby hugs, complete with pats on the back.  I'm so grateful for these real moments to anchor me.

4 comments:

  1. Way to go Syd! Give mommy all the lovies you can, she typed her amazing book with you on her lap (usually with one hand).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Fellow QT lurker here; looking forward to hearing more about your book. I hope someday I'm in the same boat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, playdoh - lol. That brings back memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. and it's such BRIGHT blue playdoh...my poor carpet

    ReplyDelete