Friday, June 10, 2011

Fantastic Friday Five!

Some fantastic things happening in the writing world this week!

1.  Elana Johnson's debut, Possession, hit the shelves, and it has the prettiest shimmering cover.  I got the last one at my local Barnes and Noble, and a picture but I can't get it off my new phone (sigh).

2.  The YA community got #YAsaves trending on twitter in response to an article in the Wall Street Journal.

3.  ComicCon will have the most awesome panels ever, see Kiersten White and Nathan Bransford.  I really wish I was going!

4.  Crewel has a goodreads page, which blew my mind.  I actually got it associated with my name, and I would love, love, love if you would be my friend on there and show me the ropes!

5.  My husband and I stumbled onto Drive Angry at Redbox the other day while looking for a really bad movie to watch.  Imagine our surprise to find it was not only loosely based on Paradise Lost but also pretty damn entertaining.  It's not for the faint of heart, but if you generally like Tarantino or Rodriguez, you'll be fine.

What fantastic news do you have this week?

1 comment:

  1. I am a Comic Con devotee. Can't wait for the YA panel! Yay for the outcry over the nasty WSJ article. YASAVES!

    ReplyDelete