Wednesday, June 01, 2011

I heart indies: Reading Reptile and Rainy Day Books

The lovely and amazing Lisa and Laura Roecker had the idea to share favorite indie bookstores this week, and I had to show off not one, but two indie bookstores located in Kansas City.


The Reading Reptile

An awesome children's bookstore that's been around since I was a kid.  Everything inside the store is vibrant and fun and welcoming.  They even host birthday parties.  I wonder if they'd do my 30th birthday in December.  A bookstore birthday party - what a dream!

Rainy Day Books


Rainy Day Books is an institution amongst indie bookstores.  They bring in dozens of authors for talks and events, and they promote indiehood (yep, I made that up) on twitter and facebook.  They were the ones that hosted the February pitch event I won.  I love these guys!

And I'd be lying if I didn't say that starting a bookstore with many rooms, a fat cat, and a bakery attached wasn't a dream of mine.  Here's hoping someday it will happen!

Participate in this show-the-love fest by signing up on LiLa's blog. You can also tweet with the hashtag #IheartIndies on twitter. 

And jump over to Elana Johnson's blog to celebrate the launch of Possession with a contest!

1 comment:

  1. I'm definitely going on an indie book store hunt this weekend.

    ReplyDelete