1. We had a death in the family.
2. My copy edits are coming tomorrow along with a two week deadline.
3. Thanksgiving is next week.
4. Twenty people are coming over for said holiday.
5. I've got the kids home for 6 of the next twelve days.
But really are those good excuses? Life happens. Sometimes I suspect Chris Baty started this whole wonderful experiment on the cusp of the holidays and in the middle of flu season to show us just that (or maybe because novel and November start with "nov". whatever.). Life is going to happen. There will always be a million reasons not to write. Do it anyway.