Wednesday, January 09, 2013

What I'm Reading

What I'm Reading

Linked by Imogen Howson
I was flattered when Imogen's lovely agent and my friend, Mandy Hubbard, asked me to take a peek at Linked and wow!  It hooked me from page one and look at that beautiful cover.  You want to pick this up in June.

A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness
I devoured these books after my tour in October and I'm anxiously awaiting the third installment.  It's sort of like a really intelligent, well-drawn Twilight for grown-ups, and the sequel takes place in Elizabethan London—be still my heart!  The Shakespearean in me was thoroughly in love.

What I'm Watching

American Horror Story
Ok, to be honest, I watched one episode and I can't decide if I want to watch more.  I can't decide if it was weird in a genius way or weird for the sake of being weird.  I admire the psychosexual themes, but don't like the characters.  It's always hard to continue with something that has no one to root for.  What say you, dear readers, should I keep going?

Once Upon a Time
I am oddly fascinated by this show.  The special effects are straight out of an 80s high fantasy movie and I can't think too hard about the plot without sighing, but it works for me.  I'm especially into the Queen's wardrobe.  I think I'd keep watching just to drool.

What should I read/watch next?

1 comment:

  1. Ok, the ads for American Horror Story were enough to make me squirm, and my stomach did that thing like I was on a rollar coaster. Although, Jessica Lange is pretty awesome, so there's still that I guess.

    Once Upon A Time manages to stretch out fifteen minutes of plot into an hour long show. But, hey, I can't miss an episode because I'm hoping the Huntsman will come back from the dead. Also, the Queen's outfits are like Janet Jackson meets Prince, and she totally carries it off.

    You may want to try Downton Abbey. The third season just started on PBS. Loads of estate shots and sumptuous jewelry and dresses. Plus all the gossip and turmoil of the live in staff. The quotes from Maggie Smith alone, are worth tuning in.

    Cheers!

    It's all the pomp of the upper class english plus the gossip and

    ReplyDelete