Monday, October 10, 2011

I challenge you to a duel!

Ok, maybe not a duel exactly... I challenge you to write a book with me next month.  That's right it's NaNoWriMo again.  For those of you who don't know, my novel Crewel was written during last year's NaNo.  It's hard to believe it's been less than a year since I completed my first draft.

Pause a moment for nostalgia.

This year I have an unfair advantage with NaNo.  I'm now a full-time writer.  Last year I squeezed out my word count in two hour increments at the public library.  So it hardly seems fair to expect only one 50,000 word novel this November.  Instead I will be writing the second half of Crewel 2, and an entirely different top secret project during that month!  I'll be blogging infrequently up until November first, because I am moving, and I want the place all ready to nestle down and write in.

Now you can find out all about the awesome that is NaNo here, and if you want to race me or just be my buddy (if you, unlike me, aren't competitive).  You can do that here.  And leave me a note below to let me know who you are and your own NaNo goals.

Oh and Kalen, you win.  I will just say that now.  That boy writes a book a day.  So we can just forego the competition part, 'k?

7 comments:

  1. Cool. I'm not a NaNoEr, officially, but I do need to finish the WIP either this month or next. Let's call me me an October NaNoEr..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on the fence about whether to do it... I have three little kids, so the thought of that many words a day scares me--on the other hand, maybe it's better for them to spend lots of time with their grandmother for just one month, then have a less distracted Mama the rest of the year! How many words a day do participants usually try for?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe you have to hit 1556 words a day to get to 50000. Believe me, Faith, once you get going and get in the habit, you can hit that goal easily. I do about 1500-2000 words an hour now! I use to get less than 1000 an hour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh. I can't believe it's almost time for NaNoWriMo again. Do I dare go for it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I once hear Brandon Sanderson say he thought that was one of the best programs out there because it forced people to put butt in chair and write. I have done it three years, haven't ever won, but it is an amazing writing experience.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm doing it this year. It will be my first time. My goal is to get to 50,000 on my young adult novel. My NaNo name is waby32.

    ReplyDelete
  7. First year! I'm doing young adult as well, and I'd really like to do closer to 75,000 words. My NaNo name is KaytiAnne.

    ReplyDelete